Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Friends in distress," a sequel

Whew! I didn't realize "my friend" is such a persistent person. After I emailed him in mixed Tagalog and English and asked if it was for real, he had the gall to email me back. Thankfully, I already found out that the real Benjie is just in town and so I didn't fall for the "friend" in distress.

Read my "friend's" email below. If I didn't get to contact Benjie's wife, I would have believed the email sender.

===

Thanks for the mail, I am very happy to read from you now, I am very happy that you are willing to help me out and I promise to pay you back. Please find the hotel manager information you need to send the money through western union below. I will really appreciate any amount you send me.I need this help so much and in time because I am in a terrible and tight situation.

Name: Joshua Reed
Address: Le meridian Hotel, Room 6 Victoria Island
City: Lagos
Zip Code: 23401
Country: Nigeria
Test Question: To who
Test Answer: Raymond

After you have send the money, I need you to send me the western union details such as the Mtcn and Sender's name, May the Good Lord bless you for helping me and I promise to pay you back your money as soon as I return home

Looking forward to read from you.

Regards


No comments:

Post a Comment