Friday, October 19, 2007

Another sad for the Philippines

(Photo grabbed from GMANews.TV)

By now I'm sure everyone knows about the bombing in Glorietta. Today had been such a toxic day and if not for the text from my hubby, I would have been sitting in my computer all afternoon clueless of the goings on. Soon after I got the text, I switched the channel from Cartoon Network (where Ben & Star where hooked since lunch) to ANC. True enough, there it was in the news.

Immediately, Ben, Star and I huddled together to pray for sobriety and God's order to take control in our nation.

Sad day indeed. According to the news, 8 people already died and over 70 other wounded, some of them critically. It's so difficult to explain to the children what is happening in our country. Why is it that everytime a controversy hounds some "big house" out there, something like this happens.

Suddenly, I remember the Rizal Day bombing in 2000 when former President Estrada was in the midst of being impeached, "terrorists" bombed the LRT. How convenient for some people to ruthlessly kill innocent civilians by planting bombs in public areas.

I am still shocked. I pray that God's justice will flow like a river and may He judge those behind the murders.

No comments:

Post a Comment